Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Aune Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Q: So I recently bought an Aune T1 and upon trying it out for the first time I realized that the sound cuts out every few seconds for about 1/4 to 1/2 a second. After further listening I discovered that the amp completely disappeared from my computer's list of playback devices after about 5 minutes. I've tried plugging it into different USB ports on my motherboard, and even tried a different USB cable but I keep getting the same issue.

A: The Aune T1 is a budget option that has had its share of reliability issues.

If the sounds cuts out intermittently for short periods, the first thing to consider is distortion known as clipping (which occurs when an amplifier is driven to excess, and tries to output more than it can), but that should not cause you to lose the USB connection.

It does not look like the issue is a bad USB port on your motherboard.

I would first go into computer>properties and prevent your USB from sleeping. If the issue still exists, try connecting the Aune to a different computer. The T1 has a Tenor USB chip that should be plug and play. If it intermittently loses connection with all computers, I think you might have gotten one with a bad chip.

If it works well with a different computer, I would reload Win drivers (or try running the T1 with ASIO drivers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments on this blog are moderated.