Sunday, January 4, 2015

My RHA MA350 IEMs are electrocuting me...help!

Q: I bought a pair of RHA MA350 IEMs when they first got released around 2 years ago and they've been fine ever since.

Recently however, whenever I connect them to a PC or a Laptop I feel an electric shock (along with an electricity sound), which as you might imagine is a tad annoying. When connected to my phone it's fine. Any ideas what's causing this?

A: Watt? I find it shocking that you still continue to use them despite being electrocuted.

While some folks may get a charge out of your predicament, I for one must strongly suggest that you do not try to swim against the current of prevailing wisdom and stop using them in any capacity. It you meet with any resistance to this suggestion, then ignore it.

But seriously, it's not right to be electrocuted by your headphones. First, make sure that it isn't a grounding issue with your equipment, to be safe. If not, it is most likely to be static.

Apple has a great support post about static and Apple earbuds which is worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments on this blog are moderated.