Saturday, May 30, 2015

Scratchy Aune

Q:  Whenever I turn on my Aune T1, I get serious distortion/static for the first 20-30 minutes until it fully warms up. I've tried several different headphones, I've tried leaving cans plugged in when I turn it on and I've tried waiting until after the T1 turns on to plug in. 

Nothing seems to make a difference, everything is static-y and awful sounding for the first 30 minutes or so, then it'll slowly go away and sound fine.

Am I doing something stupid, or do I have a faulty amp?

A: Try cleaning the tube contacts and rods. Isopropyl alcohol or (even better) Deoxit will work.

If your Aune T1 still sounds scratchy, try swapping the tube.

If still an issue, the finger of suspicion next points towards your PSU brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments on this blog are moderated.